Friday, January 9, 2009

You don't want to have to use to much of an imaginoscope

So the first week of the worst semester of my life is over and today I went to Barnes and Noble to buy two new books. The River Why, a book about life lessons from fly fishing (similar to a river runs through it) and Through Painted Deserts, a book by Donald Miller who wrote Blue Like Jazz, one of my favorite books. I'm not to sure why I bought them though I'm sure they will both be great books, I definitely don't have the time to read them. I guess I'm looking to these books for some life guidance. 

As much as school does suck, especially all of the studying, it is what I have a passion for so I can put up with one more semester of books. I know next year will be tough, but I'm still looking forward to it while trying not to get caught looking ahead. 
I've heard that people really learn who they are/want to be during their early 20s. I am definitely going through that same process right now. I have lost a lot of interest in keeping up with the sports I have played most of my life and have grown a true love of the outdoors. I really want to have some of those life experiences that my grandkids will be amazed by one day. 

No comments: